Calcium and lime water filters can assist in removing particles that stick to surfaces and cause blockages in pipes over time. By eliminating these ions from your water supply, you’re not only providing healthy drinking water but also extending the life of any pipes or appliances in your home. The formation of limescale can also clog your water systems, leading to many other water and plumbing issues. Furthermore, it also has a destructive impact on your health, resulting in various issues and diseases.
Have you become tired of the calcium flakes in water, on your taps and other appliances, and searching for the best water filter for limescale or calcium? Is your skin being irritated, dry, and scaly after taking a bath? Do you want to know how to get rid of calcium in water?
What are you waiting for? We have brought a solution to your problem that will assist you in your whole life. In this article, we will guide you entirely about the best water filters that remove calcium. Thus, this blog will assist you in getting out your appliance from limescale and giving you delicious water.
Best Water Filters That Remove Calcium & Lime In 2023
- Express Water WH100SP Anti Scale Whole House Filter
- 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Scale Inhibition Inline Water System
- APEC Water Systems ROES-50 Essence Reverse Osmosis System
- Brand: Express Water
- Colour: Blue
- Capacity: 0.25 Gallons
- Model name: Anti Scale Whole House Water Filter – Home Water Filtration System
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Product Dimensions: 18.42 x 20.32 x 73.03 cm;
- Weight: 7.26 Kilograms
- Brand: APEC Water Systems
- Model Name: ROES-50
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 16 x 5.25 x 17.5 inches
- Included Components: ROES-50
- Item Weight: 25 Pounds
- Purification Method: Reverse Osmosis
- Brand: 3M-Aqua Pure
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 2.8 x 2.8 x 10.2 inches
- Item Weight: 860 Grams
- Duration: 6 months
- External Testing Certification: NSF, ANSI
- Best Water Filters That Remove Calcium & Lime In 2023
- Express Water WH100SP Anti Scale Whole House Filter
- 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Scale Inhibition Inline Water System
- APEC Water Systems ROES-50 Essence Reverse Osmosis System
- Buying Guide For Best Water Filters To Remove Calcium Or Lime
- What is Calcium in Drinking Water?
- Why is it essential to remove Calcium from Drinking water?
- Effects of calcium on health:
- Five Best Hard Water Solutions to Remove Calcium
- Factors To Consider Before Choosing The Best Water Filters To Remove Calcium
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Express Water WH100SP Anti Scale Whole House Filter
The Express Water WH100SP is considered the best Whole House Water Filter to remove calcium and other higher contaminants from your drinking water. It removes sediment contaminants like Rust, Sand, Silt, Dust, and Scale of calcium.
Benefits Of Express Water WH100SP Anti Scale Whole House Filter
- It has a preinstalled stainless steel cover which provides maximum protection from the environment.
- This whole house filter has 1" connections that provide maximum flow.
- This whole house water filter works with 45-80 psi and water temperatures between 40-100℉.
- It includes a pressure release button and pressure gauge for system monitoring.
- It is easy and convenient to change the filters with the twist and turn method.
Express Water WH100SP Anti-scale whole house water filter for limescale is made with high-quality materials and built for a long-lasting filter for calcium removal. It contains housings made up of high-durability ABS plastic to remove calcium water( hard water). It comes with industrial-grade high-quality flow connectors to remove calcium water. Each flow connector is rated to give 0.25 gallons per second. It is not a softener water filter.
This whole house water filter is the best calcium filter that uses anti-scale filtration, which prevents scale and corrosion of appliances and utensils and removes calcium water. It prevents calcium in the water from binding to the calcium already present in your pipes, showers, and sinks.
This Whole House water filter is designed to be easy to use and efficient. The filter is suitable for up to 100,000 gallons and last for 6-12 months, depending on your water source, quality, pressure, and temperature. The significant 1″ connections and long high-efficiency housings are designed for almost no reduction in your home’s water pressure.
The system is outfitted with a stainless steel mounting board created to be used in a dry-level area protected from freezing temperatures and direct sunlight. It works with 45-80 psi of pressure and temperatures between 40-100℉.
Express water filter is the best water filter to remove limescale and calcium from water with fast flow filtration with no pressure loss. The advanced technology used in a whole-house water filter for limescale prevents scale formation and corrosion on different appliances. This whole house water filter also removes dirt, silt, sand, rust, and other sediments. The PHO is made with food-grade dissolve sodium polyphosphate crystal beads. This filter has a high-capacity design that gives maximum chemical absorption and is finished with a thermally bonded cap and an industrial-sealed silicon ring that makes the filter more reliable to remove limescale and calcium.
- It has a simple setup that is easy to install to remove hard water.
- It provides calcium-free drinking water for plants and animals as well
- It extends the life of water-using appliances such as dishwashers and washing machines.
- It also reduces energy costs
- This system includes a pressure monitoring gauge.
- Filters life is long-lasting.
- It is expensive compared to other whole-house water filters.
3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Scale Inhibition Inline Water System
The 3M Aqua-Pure whole house scale repression inline hard water filter AP430SS is intended to reduce scale buildup and corrosion from the water source to improve its quality.
Benefits of 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Scale Inhibition Inline Water System
- This 3M whole house softener water filter has 3/4 NPT connections, making it easy for plumbing and maximum flexibility.
- It has a flow-through design that maintains the pressure of the appliance.
- This softener water filter system has a pressure range of about 25 to 125 PSI.
- NSF International tests it to NSF/ANSI 42 standards.
- It has a very high flow rate of about 10 GMP.
- The cartridge system in this softener water filter is easy to install and remove
The 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House water filter that removes calcium is specifically designed to reduce lime and scale buildup, which helps extend the life of heating appliances such as water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, etc., and provides calcium-free drinking water. The 3M whole house water filter has a stainless steel head, which is corrosion and rust-free. It is the best softener water filter to remove calcium and magnesium for getting mineral-free drinking water.
This whole house softener water filter is connected to the pipes connected to the hot water appliance. This water filter helps to remove calcium water to prevent scale and lime buildup on your appliances. The ability to inhibit the lime and scale buildup will maintain the life of your appliances.
This water filter is the best for limescale and provides calcium-free drinking water for you and your family. You know that calcium in the water can cause hard water stains and lead to buildup in your appliances. Over time, the buildup can be a source of low water pressure, and the interior of your pipes gets smaller and smaller by the deposits of minerals.
The AP430SS contains polyphosphates to bind calcium and magnesium hardness minerals, helping to provide mineral-free drinking water, helping to prevent them from precipitating out (or becoming a solid), and building upon metallic surfaces. Polyphosphates also help to reduce corrosion by forming a thin layer on the metal surface. NSF International tests the 3M Scale Inhibition Water System AP430SS to NSF/ANSI standards.
- this softener water filter is easy to install
- The filter cartridges are also easy to install and maintain
- It is ideal for any home and water consumption.
- It has a high flow rate.
- It is corrosion-resistant.
- It can be easily adapted to various pipe sizes and fixtures
- It has a lifespan of 6 months
- You can only use this softener water filter for hot water appliances for calcium removal.
- It is only suitable for areas with dry weather and less harsh environmental conditions.
APEC Water Systems ROES-50 Essence Reverse Osmosis System
APEC water filter is the best water calcium inhibitor with premium, long-lasting filters that remove up to 99% of the contaminants such as chlorine, taste, and odor.
Benefits Of APEC Water Systems ROES-50 Essence Reverse Osmosis System
- It is the best water purifier for calcium which is the USA originated, which means that it is made and assembled in the US; thus, the quality is 100%
- Such iron and calcium water filters remove 99% of contaminants and pollutants like chlorine, heavy metals, taste, and odor; degrading minerals like calcium can be easily filtered away by this RO System.
- It also reduces water hardness and delivers purified softened water at 2000 ppm.
- Toxicity removal, the membrane filter expertly removes calcium water and toxic metals like lead, chlorine, nitrites, and fluorides.
- It works at a pressure of 40 to 85 PSI.
- It has leak-free settings. The main issue with most of the RO water filter membrane is it leaks. If the RO filter needs to filter boring water with higher sediments, it tends to leak. But, the ROES-50 RO system has a durable RO water filter membrane with a higher working performance.
APEC WATER SYSTEMS ROES-50 Essence Reverse Osmosis water filter is the best water filter for removing calcium. It is the supreme quality softener water filter that produces calcium-free drinking water. It is made and assembled in the USA with WQA certification, providing safe and health hazard-free drinking water with a superior taste to bottled water.
The APEC water filter system helps with calcium removal water efficiently and can also be mounted on the wall or used under a sink water filter. It is a perfect water filter for your kitchen to remove calcium, and it takes up the least amount of space. It is also the most suitable water filter for limescale and keeps your kitchen appliances working for a longer time. The most suitable water filter for removing calcium is high-quality materials with a lead-free faucet system and contamination and pollutant-free tubes and pipes.
The APEC reverse osmosis water filter for lime and calcium removal has super-efficient APEC carbon block filter cartridges, making it the best water filter to remove calcium and lime. The double carbon blocks are specifically designed to achieve the best possible chemical and calcium removal in drinking water. The carbon block surface area increases the contact time to ensure water purity and increases the lifetime of filters and membranes.
- It has super-efficient carbon block filters.
- It is effortless to install and maintain.
- It is very economical and cost-effective.
- It has higher membrane durability.
- It effectively removes calcium from the water.
- It doesn’t warn you when the filter needs to be changed.
Buying Guide For Best Water Filters To Remove Calcium Or Lime
Here is the complete guide after reviewing products in that category of calcium water filters
What is Calcium in Drinking Water?
Calcium is a mineral found naturally in bones and also in nature. When water flows in nature, it gathers many minerals, including calcium, calcium carbonate, and magnesium, which cause hard water and damage your home plumbing and appliances. According to the WHO, Water with calcium carbonate at concentrations below 60 mg/l is generally regarded as soft water; 60–120 mg/l is considered moderately hard; 120–180 mg/l is regarded as hard.
Too much calcium consumption can also cause adverse effects on your overall health and cause heart and skin diseases. You mustn’t take more than 3mg of calcium in your water intake. Most of the Calcium and magnesium in water come from sedimentary rocks, and the most common are limestone and chalk.
Small water supplies often encounter significant hardness levels in the groundwater, but some larger surface water supplies also have the same issue. Calcium concentrations up to and exceeding 100 mg/l are standard in natural water sources, especially groundwater. Magnesium is present in natural groundwater, usually at
lower concentrations (from negligible to about 50 mg/l and rarely above 100 mg/l), so
calcium-based hardness usually predominates.
Why is it essential to remove Calcium from Drinking water?
Point-of-entry ion exchange (water softener) filters are used in some households to remove hardness (Calcium, magnesium) and iron from water. Softening the water will have several aesthetically beneficial effects inside the home, such as reducing scaling in pipes, fixtures, washing characteristics, water heaters, and improving laundry, e.g., using a non-precipitating water conditioner. Still, it also increases the level of sodium in drinking water. Point-of-use reverse osmosis and water distillers remove all the minerals from the water, functioning as a final barrier against potential trace-level contaminants that may be present and removing nutrients. In comparison, the water doesn’t need to be conditioned. If materials not subject to corrosion are used after the treatment, the resultant drinking water is deprived of all minerals.
The use of these devices may reduce the overall intake of nutrient minerals by the consumers in the households. These devices should be made aware of mineral composition changes and the possible consequences for total nutrient intake and human health.
For example, those who sell or install these devices may be encouraged to bring the buyers of these devices to the attention—the possibility of reduced intake of minerals and various means for their replacement.
Additionally, the manufacturers of these filters and devices may provide a suitable bypass of a portion of this water to maintain some level of these minerals in the water consumed (e.g., to a kitchen tap) or develop and add an appropriate remineralizing unit in the water line before the point of consumption.
Effects of calcium on health:
- Our body needs calcium for strong bones and maintaining a healthy heart, muscles, and nerves. Our bones and teeth contain 99% of calcium.
- Calcium is stored in the bones as a reserve and is released when needed. The amount and concentration of calcium in our body decline with age because we lose calcium through sweat, skin cells, and waste.
- People with low calcium levels can have muscle weakness, twitching, weak and brittle bones, osteomalacia, osteoporosis, and low vitamin D. Calcium supplements are sometimes taken by mouth to maintain calcium levels and reduce parathyroid calcium with hyperparathyroidism and reduce the symptoms of PMS.
- Drinking high calcium water also has risks. If you have too much calcium in your bloodstream, it can cause hypercalcemia. High levels of calcium can also increase the risk of heart attack and cardiovascular diseases. Calcium intake in high amounts can also cause constipation, diarrhea, and abnormal muscle twitching.
- According to the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, high calcium drinking water can cause cardiovascular diseases in some evidence.
Five Best Hard Water Solutions to Remove Calcium
Calcium is an essential mineral, although people ask does water filters remove calcium. So, the answer is yes. Here, we will discuss some of the best mechanisms to remove the extra calcium content and limescale from the hard water. These are simple home remedies to know how to filter calcium from the water.
This process involves attaching a filter water softener to your water supply. The filter water softener contains resin beads responsible for attracting complex water ions to remove hard water and release sodium ions, making the water soft. A filter water softener uses these ion-exchange methods to replace calcium and magnesium ions with sodium ions.
Distillation is a very effective hard water softener home remedy for water softening. As the water is heated, it leaves the hard water residue behind. This process is effective for a small quantity of water but not for hefty amounts of water consumption. Energy is utilized to maintain soft water, which increases the cost of drinking water and your electrical bill.
The molecules that easily bind to metal molecules are called chelators. Chelating agents in the water can easily bind to calcium and magnesium and remove hard water. These substances are added to shampoos and detergents for commercial use.
Reverse Osmosis Water Filters
Reverse osmosis water filters are the best water filters for removing calcium and magnesium. Reverse osmosis filters purify water by a semi-permeable membrane and remove 99% of the contaminants, including minerals that make the water hard. The advantage of reverse osmosis is that it does not add minerals back to the water, so you don’t have to worry about your water being soft after reverse osmosis. All you get is purified water, which is healthy to drink.
Reverse osmosis systems effectively remove TDS levels present in countertop RO filters, Undersink RO filters, and whole-house water filters that you can install in your homes.
People with a well water supply want to choose their best system and have a question in their mind: What is the best water treatment system for well water calcium? Due to my experience and research, I will suggest the best system, a whole house water filter that removes sediments and calcium plus reverse osmosis, will be a fantastic choice.
A softener water filter is the best calcium filter that removes water hardness. It gives the same effect as chemical treatments without adding any harmful substances to your water supply. A filter water softener is a device that replaces calcium and magnesium with sodium ions that change the structure of the water.
Water Softeners use ion exchange technology for ion removal to lessen the amount of hardness (Calcium, magnesium) in the water; they can also be designed to remove iron and manganese, heavy metals, some radioactivity, nitrates, arsenic, chromium, selenium, and sulfate. They do not remove protozoa, bacteria, and viruses. Such a softener water filter has made life easier.
Factors To Consider Before Choosing The Best Water Filters To Remove Calcium
There are many things to consider while choosing the right water filter to remove calcium from drinking water.
Point of use
A point of entry is significant when choosing the best water filter to remove calcium. Most point-of-use water filters are whole-house water filters attached to the water fixtures and provide calcium filtration.
I will also suggest my loving people go for the best filter to remove calcium from water in the shower to protect their skin and hair from hard water or high calcium water for the whole house water supply.
If we say we need a 100% pure output, your thousands of searches could not find the proper solution. But if you are looking for the best water filter for removing calcium from water is a good query. Whatever the water filter system we Inspect, Check out that it can filter out heavy metals, excessive ions, dissolved solids, sediments, organic matter, and microorganisms. Plus, while making a purchase, also keep in mind to consider the capacity of the system.
Capacity may vary according to consumer choice and demand. Verify whether the system first whether it is eligible to fulfill your requirements of household needs or not. It is crucial to see the filtration capacity for choosing the best water filter for removing calcium. If you want a filter to make coffee, reverse osmosis filters are the most accessible and economical filters to use if you want filtered water with the best option. A whole-house water filter is the best option if you want calcium-free drinking water water for your whole house.
For the 100% removal of calcium and other contaminants, we must choose the most advanced filter technologies, like a reverse osmosis water filter. The best product and filter for removing calcium and magnesium is a polyphosphate-impregnated resin bed. In simple words, phosphates bind to the calcium in the water and remove it.
Consider the best water filter that removes calcium if your running water has a high content. Some water filters, like Frizzlife Wa99, remove 99% of calcium, while others do not. My priority to suggest is reverse osmosis technology used in the filters because it’s my right to tell you what is best or what is not.
Unfortunately, many manufacturers do not give complete information about the calcium-removing properties of the filters. Hence, it is upon your shoulders to do intense research before investing in your water filter.
Many consumers who buy calcium filters are sure to buy NSF or WQA-certified water filters. Certified filters are top-quality premium filters tested by third-party authorizations, which means that the water filter claims are 100% authentic. It would help if you always opted for the best water purifier for calcium removal, NSF/ANSI or WQA certified.
The best iron and calcium water filters give heavy, mineral-free drinking water, prevent limescale formation, and protect your appliances from corrosion and scale formation. Hard water stains are also adamant about being removed from the places where hard water is constantly in use.
The best possible way to get rid of hardware is to install the best filter to remove calcium from water, and I’m sure that after reading this article, you have a clear image of what kind of water filter for removing calcium you want to invest your money in.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Some other questions’s answers for our readers that might be helpful for reading.
Will a 5-micron filter remove calcium?
Yes, a 5-micron filter will remove calcium water effectively, as calcium is a larger molecule. Any molecule or particle that is smaller than a 5-micron will pass through these filters. Sediments and heavy metals will be left out and filtered from the water.
How to remove calcium and magnesium from water?
If you are searching for the best calcium inhibitor, two methods will help you a lot. Water softeners and reverse osmosis water filters are the best water filters that remove minerals like calcium and magnesium from water. People can also go for a method of hard water softener; home remedies can also be used for calcium removal. i.e., ion exchange, water distillation, and boiling the water are very time-consuming and cost-effective.
Do carbon filters remove calcium?
No, Activated carbon filters will not eliminate sodium, calcium, chloride, nitrate, and fluoride. However, some activated carbon filters can remove lead, mercury, and copper. Carbon filters can efficiently remove or decrease many pollutants from water, VOCs, chlorine, lead, fluoride, and many others.
Does boiling water remove calcium?
Yes, boiling could be the solution to remove calcium flakes in water. This is because the boiling methodology precipitates the dissolved minerals like calcium and magnesium. This is how to remove calcium from water at home, resulting in soft water. Boiling is a quick and low-rate way to get rid of high calcium water needed for consumption purposes. It removes the temporary hardness of water and is not permanent.
Do Brita filters remove calcium?
Yes, the Brita filters can safely remove calcium, sodium, magnesium, chlorine, and lead but can’t soften your water 100% effectively.