Consuming arsenic water through any means can have severe health effects on human beings. It is of utmost importance to get your household water tested for arsenic and take measures to eliminate it. You can use multiple filters such as whole house water filters, water pitcher filters, countertop R.O. water filters, countertop water filters, gravity water filters for arsenic water treatment.
Although, we know that the house water filter is a very difficult task to select due to the different brands available in the market. So we have listed the best water filters that remove arsenic and highlighted their advantages & disadvantages. It will make it easy for you to choose one of the best arsenic filters for drinking water.
By viewing this guide, you will know:
- The eight best water filters that remove arsenic along with their related classes.
- What is arsenic and its harmful effects on the life of a human?
- How to test Arsenic water and types of arsenic?
- Buyer’s guide to consider the points to buy the best water filters that remove arsenic.
TOP 3 PICKS AT A GLANCE FOR ARSENIC WATER FILTERS
Our top 3 picks for quick decision
- Brand: AQUA TRU
- Capacity: 3 Quarts
- Material: Plastic
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 14 x 12 x 14 inches
- Purification Method: Reverse Osmosis
- Brand: APEC Water Systems
- Color: Chrome Faucet
- Capacity: 90 Gallons
- Model Name: Ultimate Series Top Tier
- Material: Polypropylene
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 16 x 5.25 x 17.5 inches
- Included Components: RO-90
- Item Weight: 25 Pounds
- Purification Method: Reverse Osmosis, Carbon Block
- Brand: Clearly Filtered
- Type: Under the Sink Filtration System
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Item Weight: 6.8 Pounds
- Package Dimensions: 19.7 x 15.7 x 3.7 inches
- TOP 3 PICKS AT A GLANCE FOR ARSENIC WATER FILTERS
- Best Water Filters that Remove Arsenic
- REVIEWS: Best water filters that remove arsenic
- Countertop Water Filters that Remove Arsenic
- AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- Gravity Water Filters: Big Berkey Countertop Water Filter
- Water Pitcher Filters that Remove Arsenic
- ZeroWater: 5-Stage Water Pitcher Filter
- Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filter
- Whole House Water filters that remove arsenic
- Crystal Quest Whole House Arsenic Water Filter System
- Under-sink Filters that Remove Arsenic
- APEC RO-90 Under Sink Water Filter System
- Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter:
- iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Under Sink RO Water Filter System
- Buyer’s Guide: What is Arsenic?
- Ultimate Guide: To buy the best water filter for Arsenic removal from the drinking water.
Best Water Filters that Remove Arsenic
Since the effects of arsenic in drinking water are dangerous, it is important to purify drinking water and remove it from your water. To make navigating through the water filters easy, I have classified the water filters that remove arsenic into four categories. The categories are:
- Countertop water filters that remove arsenic
- Pitcher water filters that remove arsenic
- Whole House Water filters that remove arsenic
- Under-sink water filters that remove arsenic
Countertop Water Filters that Remove Arsenic
- AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- Gravity-Fed Water Filter: Big Berkey Countertop Water Filter
Water Filter Pitchers that Remove Arsenic
- ZeroWater: 5-stage Water Pitcher Filter
- Clearly Filtered: Water Pitcher Filter
Whole House Water filters that Remove arsenic:
- Crystal quest whole house water filter system
Under-sink Filters that Remove Arsenic
- APEC RO-90 Under sink Water Filter System
- Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter
- iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Under Sink RO Filter
|AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System||Check Price On Amazon|
|Gravity-Fed Water Filter: Big Berkey Countertop Water Filter||Check Price On Amazon|
|ZeroWater: 5-stage Water Pitcher Filter||Check Price On Amazon|
|Clearly Filtered: Water Pitcher Filte||Check Price On Amazon|
|Crystal quest whole house water filter system||Check Manufacturer Price|
|APEC RO-90 Under sink Water Filter System||Check Price On Amazon|
|Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter||Check Price On Amazon|
|iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Under Sink RO Filter||Check Price On Amazon|
REVIEWS: Best water filters that remove arsenic
Arsenic is the main devasting issue in the drinking water for the U.S. people. I have categorized the water filters that remove arsenic with the best customer feedback and reviews to make them more convenient for you to select.
Countertop Water Filters that Remove Arsenic
The market is loaded with countertop water filters that remove arsenic as under sink water filters are going out of trend. I have selected two of the best countertop water filters that remove arsenic with their reviews. Scroll down to read, evaluate, and choose the best suitable for you and your family.
AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
Looking for an uncomplicated, neat, and easy to access countertop water filter? AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System is one of the best countertop water filters that remove arsenic. It is certified to remove arsenic, microplastics, hormones, carcinogens, chlorine, fluoride, chromium, and other drug residues found in your tap water. It has up to 99% efficiency in removing all the contaminants, and it is the best water filter to remove arsenic V (>98%), Arsenic III (50-80%).
Benefits Of AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- It has a smart screen which takes less space.
- Effortless to maintain
- No hassle of installation and plumbing
- Tested and certified by IAMPO for NSF standards 42, 53, 58, 401 and P473
- More than 80% efficient in removing TDS per 1500mg/L
- Eliminates up to 83 contaminants to purify drinking water
- It has a high cost-efficiency since the water produced has excellent taste, fresh, crisp, and clean water.
AquaTru RO System follows a 4-stage filtration process as follows:
- 1+2 stage contains a pre-filter and a carbon filter. Pre-filter removes sediments, dust, silt, and rust from your water. The activated carbon filter of this dual-stage pre-filter exterminates odor, taste, and chlorine from water.
- 3rd stage has a reverse osmosis filter. This ultra reverse osmosis filter removes arsenic, lead, chromium 6, lead, and all the dangerous chemicals from your water. The ROO filter lessens contaminations down to 1/10,000 of a micron, reducing the maximum arsenic in drinking water.
- 4th stage and the final stage before the water reaches your drinking cup. This stage contains a VOC Carbon filter made up of high-quality carbon engineered to remove organic compounds from your water. Carbon filter also eliminates any impurities that might have passed through RO filters, such as pesticides, herbicides, and bad smells.
AquaTru RO Filter System utilizes an ultra reverse osmosis system that leaves no room for any impurities and contaminants in your water with a modern and aesthetic design. It provides you and your family with water that tastes better than bottled water.
With absolutely no installation required for the AquaTru system, it takes no time to set up compared to other under sink RO systems. Since AquaTru has all of its filters in one place, you will not be required to assemble them after the purchase. It requires no special tools or plumbing professionals as you can operate the machine with just one touch of a button.
For filter replacement and maintenance: The AquaTru will follow the utilization of your filters and let you know at the point when it’s the ideal opportunity for them to be changed. When the opportunity arrives, the front showcase will alarm you by enlightening the filter that necessities replacement. The tanks require bare minimum maintenance: wash and rinse out the tanks with soap and water once a week.
You can replace the filters effortlessly by following the AquaTru manual. It hardly takes more than 4 minutes. The filters do not require early replacement as they have a lifetime for up to 600-1200 gallons of water.
Lastly, the cost-effectiveness of the Aqua Tru filter is high as you are saving up the everyday cost of bottled water and everyday replacement of filters. It is a one-time investment but worth it.
- Removes arsenic 5 (>98%), Arsenic 3 (50-80%)
- 3 quarts capacity
- Wasting only 1 gallon of water while creating 3; means drain ratio is 3:1
- Certified by NSF to remove 83 contaminants.
- A 1-year warranty is available.
- Leaking and malfunctioning
- Removes minerals from water
- Storage capacity is low.
Gravity Water Filters: Big Berkey Countertop Water Filter
Big Berkey is one of the reliable gravity water filters that remove arsenic from your water. Its PF-2 filter removes arsenic up to 99.9% and fluoride up to 95%. The Purification Element water filter eliminates 99.9% of pathogens, protozoa, viruses, and other heavy metals.
Benefits Of Using Big Berkey Countertop Water Filter
- It requires no special tools and a professional for installation.
- No electricity is required to operate.
- It eliminates up to 99.9% of arsenic and harmful contaminants among all gravity water filters.
- It has a PF-2 filter which is a fluoride and arsenic purifier.
- It is economically cost-effective.
- Supplies up to seven gallons of water per hour.
The Big Berkey system and PF-2 filter remove arsenic and fluoride by efficient filtration. The filters can produce up to 1000 gallons of water with a good life span.
The big Berkey countertop water filter system is about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters). If the Berkey filter is used once a day, then the PF-2 filter is changed after ten months; if used twice a day, then after six months. The Big Berkey purifier is portable and filters water for about 1 to 4 people per day with 2.25 gallons.
It is an economically and long-lasting good product; A Black Berkey Purification Elements needs replacement after 6,000 gallons.
- Removes harmful contaminants
- The flow rate of 0.03 gallons per minute
- Long-lasting product
- Removes 99% arsenic and fluoride
- Filters need maintenance regularly
- Not certified by any third party association
- Dispenser leaking issues.
Water Pitcher Filters that Remove Arsenic
Compared to faucet water filters, water pitcher filters efficiently remove more harmful contaminants from your water. Do pitcher water filters remove arsenic? Yes, some of the pitcher water filters that remove arsenic are a few of the best water filtration systems to purify drinking water for your families.
ZeroWater: 5-Stage Water Pitcher Filter
Zero water with a 5-stages filtration system has the greatest value in pitcher water filters that remove arsenic and is NSF/ANSI Standards 42 and 53 certified. It is one of the few water pitcher filters which provide arsenic water treatment, Arsenic III and V up to 98%, 99.9% Barium and Iron, and 99.6% dissolved solids every 20 gallons filtered.
Benefits Of Using ZeroWater: 5-stage Water Pitcher Filter
ZeroWater Water Pitcher FIlter follows 6 stage ion exchange filtration to reduce the amount of arsenic in drinking water:
- 1st stage of the filter contains a Coarse Filter Screen which eliminates all the suspended solids such as dust and rust.
- 2nd stage of the filter consists of a foam distributor, which eliminates any additional suspended solids.
- 3rd stage of the filter has a multi-layer carbon and oxidation reduction alloy, which filters out organic compounds from the water, such as herbicides, pesticides, chlorine, and chromium. It also prevents bacteria from growing in the water.
- 4th stage of the filter contains a Dual Comprehensive ION exchange resin, the most important filter. It is an arsenic purifier and removes metals, non-metal, and other radiological impurities.
- The 5th stage of the filter consists of Ultra Fine Screen and Non-Woven Membrane, which eliminates any TDS remaining and makes the water fresher. It also holds the resin in place.
ZeroWater Premium 5 stage water filter is perfect for small-scale use in-home and offices to provide fresh and clean water. It has a straightforward design that dispenses water at one push, a hassle-free and easy push, and pours.
The pitcher filter’s twist and fill technology requires no installation and takes the bare minimum time to set up. It also requires no tools to set it up. For maintenance, you can clean the pitcher with mild soap and water every once in a while.
A TDS meter indicates when the filter requires changing, so you do not check manually.
With one-push dispensing technology, there is no hassle of spillage or physical labor to dispense water. Since it is compact and portable, you can carry it anywhere easily.
It has an estimated 20-gallon filter life, depending on your water quality. Since you only need to replace one filter, it is cost-effective to use on a small scale.
- It is NSF/ANSI certified.
- It is BPA-free.
- It has an aesthetic and sleek design.
- It comes with a TDS meter to alert when it is time for a filter change.
- Low capacity tank: only up to 5.3 liters.
- It has a slow filtration rate due to its 5 stage filtration process.
- It is not cost-effective as the filter requires changing every 20-30 days.
Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filter
Clearly filtered: water pitcher filter is NSF standards 42, 53, 244, 401, P473 certified and is the best water filter to remove arsenic. This pitcher filter with Affinity Filtration Technology eliminates up to 99.9% of 270+ harmful tap water contaminants. It is the most loyal pitcher water filter to minimize the amount of arsenic in drinking water. Other than arsenic removal from drinking water, it eliminates:
Benefits Of Using Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filter
- Chloramine (99.9%)
- Chlorine (99.9%)
- E Coli (99.9%), cryptosporidium (99.9%) and other pathogens
- Fluoride (between 96.9% and 98.2%)
Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filter filters your water and lowers the arsenic level in drinking water through its 3 stage process, utilizing Affinity Filtration Technology:
- 1st stage uses a woven mesh screen to filter out large particles of dust and sediments.
- 2nd stage consists of a Granulated Coconut Carbon filter, which filters out and removes chlorine, foul odors, and bad taste.
- 3rd stage consists of a Composite Shell that allows water to have more contact with the filter to remove arsenic and other dangerous contaminants efficiently. This filter is sufficient to purify drinking water.
Before you dive into the review about Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filter, you should know that it is for overly conscious users who care about their water taste and filtration. It removes up to more than 230 contaminants to produce fresh and better-tasting water. It also has a built-in water dam at the top to store filtered water readily available when needed.
It is an installation-free filter that requires less than 2 minutes to set up. Its remove, soak, flush, and install setup requires no special tools or professionals.
It is low maintenance and has a long filter life. Clearly Filtered water cartridges last up to 4 months or 100 gallons.
With its easy-grip handle and 80oz pitcher, it is effortless to pour water and carry with you when needed.
The water pitcher has a slim look that can hold 80 ounces of water, more than a normal individual should drink in one day for ideal hydration.
- Removes 98% arsenic.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
- Unlike typical RO systems, it does not filter out essential minerals from your water.
- It is made from BPA-free plastic.
- One filter cartridge filters 100 gallons of water.
- Huge capacity and long filter life.
- Due to the composite shell, the water flow rate is slow compared to other water pitcher filters.
- Pricey: replacement filters are fairly expensive as well.
- Multiple complaints about leaking filter.
Whole House Water filters that remove arsenic
Whole House Water filters are the most reliable water filters that remove arsenic with a large capacity for your household. These are some of the efficient arsenic water filtration systems to utilize. I have detailed below the best whole house water filter to remove arsenic and purify drinking water and reduce the arsenic level in drinking water.
Crystal Quest Whole House Arsenic Water Filter System
Crystal quest Arsenic Removal System is the best whole house water filter to remove arsenic by specialized arsenic removing CQA media tank certified by NSF. It removes arsenic
Benefits Of Using Crystal Quest Whole House Water Filter System
3-stages of the system provide deep filtration
- Stage 1 has a sediment water filter that removes bunches of dust and chunks of rust, silt, etc.
- Stage 2 has a media tank with an arsenic cartridge filter installed with an automatic microprocessor control valve to remove arsenic.
- Stage 3 consists of a solid carbon cartridge that removes VOCs, insecticides, pesticides, and other industrial wastes.
The filtration process comprises Sediment and Solid Carbon filters cartridges and Arsenic removal resin – CQA mineral tank. The resin effectively removes Arsenate and Arsenite, removing up to 10 ppb to 50 ppb. From this point of use, the crystal quest is the best whole house water filter that removes arsenic from water, the most advanced and effective method.
CQA media tank has iron oxide resin to attractive pentavalent and trivalent arsenic and is certified by NSF standard 61.
- 10-year Warranty on Polyresin tank, 10-year on Stainless Steel resin tank, and 5-year warranty on Electronic backwash control valves.
- Manufactured by FDA-compliant materials
- Certified by NSF 61
- Removes arsenic up to 98%
- Leaking issue
Under-sink Filters that Remove Arsenic
Under sink water filters is one of the few filters widely used to filter out tap water. There are few undersink water filters that remove arsenic, and I have detailed the best three below:
APEC RO-90 Under Sink Water Filter System
The APEC RO under sink system is the best water filter to remove arsenic and is NSF. Standard 58 certified, APEC RO-90 undersink water filter removes Arsenic V (99%), Barium (98.8%), Chromium-6 (98.3%), Chromium-3 (99%), Copper (98.4%), and T.D.S. (98-99%).
Benefits Of Using APEC RO-90 Under sink Water Filter System
- Sophisticated filtration process with components made in the USA.
- The system comes with a clear manual for installation
- It can be installed at home with minimum tools in 1-2 hours
- It removes up to 2000 TDS ppm.
- Produce twice the gallons of water as compared to the standard RO system
- Simple and neat with a 100% lead-free structure
APEC Ultimate RO-90 filters out your water in 5 stages using five different filters:
- 1st stage filter consists of a Super Capacity Sediment Filter which filters out dust and sediments from the water.
- 2nd & 3rd stage filter has a Carbon Block that eliminates foul tastes and odors, chlorine, and other harmful chemicals.
- 4th stage filter has a FILMTEC RO membrane. This filter is essential for the whole system as it removes arsenic, lead, fluoride, and other harmful contaminants.
- 5th stage has a refining coconut carbon filter which eliminates residual taste and provides fresh and crisp water.
The APEC Water Systems RO-90 Ultimate Series Top Tier profoundly effective water filtration system gives safe, impurity-free drinking water. As one of the most sturdy reverse osmosis systems in the business, this filtration system sets aside cash, time, and bother of purchasing costly filtered water, and delivers cleaner, more completely filtered water than shop-purchased choices.
APEC RO-90 needs simple installation and minimum tools. You can do it without a professional plumber as the manual provides clear-cut instructions. Wrenches are also given to make the installation process hassle-free.
The replacement and maintenance of the filter are also not extensive and time taking: for stages 1,2 and 3, filter replacement is needed once a year, RO membrane needs to change for 3 to 5 years depending on water quality. The post-filtration carbon filter also does not require replacement for up to 3 to 5 years.
The filtered to wasted water ratio is 3:1, almost better than any other RO filtration system.
- Easy to install and maintain
- The drain ratio is very good 3:1
- Economical than bottled water.
- Capacity is 90 gallons
- Provide arsenic water treatment up to 99%
- Long-lasting filters
- Installation might need a plumber
- A booster pump may be required if your water pressure is low
- Does not include a Remineralization filter.
Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter:
This compact, stylish 3 stage undersink water filter is one of the most reliable water filters to remove arsenic from the drinking water, NSF standards 42, 53, and 401 certified. It is the arsenic filter for drinking water that removes 94% of total arsenic from the water. They also eliminate
Benefits Of Using Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter:
- T.H.M.s (99.6%), PFOA (99.9%), and other chemicals
- Radiological contaminants
- More than 100 VOCs and organic compounds (99.9%).
These arsenic water filtration systems are undergoing three stages of filtration:
- In the first stage, a carbon filter is used, which filters out contaminants such as chlorine, removes odor, and improves taste.
- The second stage removes VCOs and heavy metals such as lead, chromium, cadmium, pesticides, herbicides, and PFAs.
- The last stage in these arsenic water filtration systems consists of removing fluoride and arsenic from water.
- The US makes it.
- It gets installed in 15 minutes, with minimum tools,
- It maintains healthy minerals in the water.
- Removes up to 94% arsenic
- It is expensive
- This filter requires a high water pressure to work efficiently.
- The filtration process takes time.
iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Under Sink RO Water Filter System
ISpring RO 6-Stage Under Sink system is a 58 standard NSF/ANSI certified arsenic water treatment filter. It is one of the best arsenic filters for drinking water with a 75GPD capacity. It reduces the arsenic level in drinking water, 90% of dissolved solids, 9999 of over 1 000 harmful contaminants like chlorine, 98% lead, asbestos, calcium, sodium, fluoride, and other heavy metals.
Benefits Of Using iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Under Sink RO Water Filter System
- NSF 58/ANSI certified
- Six-stage filteration
- It has a sleek design and compact body
- It has a transparent body for easy visualization
- It has European style faucet water filters, which give an aesthetic look
- It protects against 1000 different kinds of contaminants
- All the items of these arsenic water filtration systems are made in the US.
These arsenic water filtration systems undergo six stages of filtration to remove arsenic from drinking water:
- There are three pre-filter, PP Carbon GAC filter, PP Sediment filter, and Carbon Block filter. All of these are responsible for removing large contaminants which could potentially harm the RO membrane.
- The most important filter of all is the RO membrane filter which eliminates chemicals down to 0.0001 microns. This process ensures that only water molecules make their way through the filter and nothing else.
- For the next stage, the Fine GAC filter refilters the water before it reaches the faucet.
- In the last stage, an alkaline demineralization filter renews the taste of water to its natural alkaline taste.
The water purifier is intended for the DIY establishment, and all fundamental parts for installation are incorporated, upheld by clear, efficient composed directions, educational recordings, and admittance to iSpring unrivaled specialized help.
The whole alkaline water channel filter fits pleasantly under a standard kitchen sink. It has a storage tank capacity of 3.2 gallons and can maintain up to 45-70 psi. The entire system is low maintenance.
Stage 1 to 3 Carbon and Sediment filters and Post Carbon filters require changing every 3-5 months, whereas RO membrane filter and Alkaline Remineralization Filter require changing every 2-3 years.
- The system is easy to install.
- It has great water pressure.
- Capacity is 75 gallons per day.
- It is 99% effective in removing contaminants
- The water is not pH balanced.
- The waste ratio is too much, and hence it increases the water bill
- The filtration rate is slow.
Buyer’s Guide: What is Arsenic?
In literal terms, arsenic is a semimetallic, brittle element with a vibrant grey color found abundantly under Earth’s surface. Arsenic tends to sublimate at standard atmospheric pressure, i.e., it changes its state from solid to gas directly. Arsenic is used for agricultural and industrial purposes and is a byproduct of copper mining, coal burning, and copper smelting.
Effects of Arsenic on Human health
The health effects of arsenic in drinking water are not unfounded. Consuming high levels of arsenic through any means, such as drinking arsenic water, can be detrimental to human health as it affects a wide range of organs and body systems. Short-term and long-term effects of ingesting arsenic compounds or drinking arsenic water are harmful to human beings.
According to the World Health Organization, short and long term exposure to drinking arsenic water causes:
Short-term subjection to arsenic compounds or drinking arsenic water can lead to the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, dehydration, and shock
- In extreme cases, it can cause muscle cramping and death.
Long-term subjection to arsenic compounds or drinking arsenic water can lead to:
- Pigmentation in the skin
- Skin legions
- Hard patches on the palm and sole of the feet
- Skin cancer
- Pulmonary diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Endocrine disruption
Other than the above-stated effects, high arsenic level in drinking water is also known to cause adverse pregnancy consequences such as:
- High mortality rates in young adults who have been exposed to arsenic in early childhood
- Stunted growth of cognitive development, intelligence, and memory in children and young adult
Types of Arsenic
According to IARC (International Agency for Research on Cancer), arsenic can be categorized into three major groups:
- Inorganic arsenic compounds
- Organic arsenic compounds
- Arsine gas
Until the 1970s, inorganic arsenic compounds were utilized to treat leukemia, chronic bronchial asthma, and organic arsenic compounds were utilized in making antibiotics to treat protozoal diseases.
Organic compounds of arsenic are currently utilized in making pesticides for agricultural purposes. Other than this, both of the arsenic compounds are used for:
- To manufacture alloys with copper and lead
- To make semiconductors and electronic appliances
- Arsine is utilized as a doping agent to make crystals for fiber optics and computers.
- To manufacture wood and leather preservatives, pigments, and dyes.
Where does arsenic come from in drinking water?
The health effects of arsenic in drinking water are serious and fatal. Every public water source has to be tested for the maximum arsenic contaminant level as outlined by WHO. But let’s look at the occurrences of arsenic and its compound in the environment:
- Natural Occurrence: Arsenic occurs in mineral species such as sedimentary iron and manganese. The abundance varies from 5mg/kg to 2900mg/kg.
- In Water: The amount of arsenic in surface water sources is less than 10microg/L but can reach up to 5g/L. In groundwater sources, the concentration of arsenic is high due to sulfide deposits, but in the regions like China, Bangladesh, and Taiwan, the groundwater is highly contaminated with arsenic due to consistent coal mining and copper smelting.
- Fertilizers: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, High arsenic levels in drinking water or private wells may be due to fertilizers, herbicides containing arsenic, or industrial waste used in the past.
- Dietary exposure: The highest concentration of arsenic is found in seafood. Other than fish and mussels, arsenic is also found in dairy products, cereals, and vegetables.
How to detect arsenic in water?
According to WHO guidelines, arsenic maximum contaminant level in drinking water should not exceed 10 μg L−1. If arsenic maximum contaminant level exceeds 10micro L-1, it needs to be removed and filtered out using an arsenic purifier. Currently, to detect arsenic in drinking water, a small-scale arsenic water test kit is utilized. The arsenic water test kit is used as follow:
- Every arsenic water test kit requires a different sample size and reagents to halt the interference of other substances such as hydrogen sulfide ions.
- A plastic bottle reaction vessel is used to collect the reagents.
- A test strip is used and placed above the reaction vessel in a specific cap.
- Arsenic converts into arsine gas and comes in contact with the strip.
- Now, the mercuric bromide indicator changes color. If arsenic is present, the color change will be from white to shades of brown and yellow.
- Lastly, the strip color change is compared against a comparator charge to determine the quantity of arsenic present in the drinking water.
Best technology to remove arsenic at home
Many water filters that remove arsenic are available in today’s market but here are the best technologies, which are inexpensive, easy ways to filter arsenic from water
- OXIDATION: it involves the conversion of arsenite or arsenate. Oxidation is a crucial step for arsenic water treatment in the ground. This arsenate can be oxidized by atmospheric oxygen, but this is a slow process. Catalysts such as bacteria can be useful in arsenic removal from drinking water.
- COAGULATION: coagulation involves treating arsenic levels in drinking water by adding CaO, that is, lime. Calcium hydroxide acts as a flocculant for arsenic and helps in arsenic removal from drinking water.
- MEMBRANE TECHNIQUES: one of the techniques for arsenic water treatment is reverse osmosis that requires a membrane. These membranes are semi-permeable and can remove maximum arsenic in drinking water by force. The other membranes can decrease the arsenic maximum contaminant level by ultrafiltration and microfiltration.
Ultimate Guide: To buy the best water filter for Arsenic removal from the drinking water.
The considerations that need to be kept in mind while buying water filters that remove arsenic are detailed below for your convenience:
Water source/removal of contaminants
One of the most important considerations to keep in mind is whether your water filter removes the contaminants you specifically want to eliminate. To lower the arsenic in drinking water, you need to consider the water filters that remove arsenic with special arsenic water filter cartridges.
For example, the FrizzLife SK99 water filter is highly precise with a 0.5-micron filter, efficiently removing lead, chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, and other harmful substances.
Pre and post-filtration
Water filters that remove arsenic have pre and post-filtration systems to ensure efficiently clean and fresh water. These are important to purify drinking water to the maximum level.
A pivotal point while choosing water filters that remove arsenic is that the filters have an easy installation. If not, then it becomes costly and burdensome to do so.
Flow rate and water pressure
Another important factor to look for before choosing the best water filter for yourself is the flow rate and water pressure. Most of the time, the best filters with multiple-stage filtration have a decreased flow rate and pressure, which could be a nuisance.
The greater the water pressure, the faster the flow rate will be. Consider one of the best water filters that remove arsenic and other contaminants with a better flow rate and maximum pressure to meet the needs of households.
Production and wastage rate
Production and wastage rate has to be considered when buying one of the water filters that remove arsenic. Some systems waste a lot of water compared to their production. To prevent wastage and ensure maximum water production, choosing a system with mechanisms and storage tanks is important to minimize water waste.
Replacement of filters
You need to have select one from the water filters that remover arsenic that easily replaces filter cartridges and long-term durability. If this is not the case, then the sustenance of the filter system becomes costly.
When it comes to buying products, it is your responsibility to make informed choices that do not harm the environment. The most suitable countertop water filters that remove arsenic, purify drinking water should have a better taste, be crispy, and be more delicious than bottled water.
Cost-effectiveness is another key factor to consider when shopping for water filters that remove arsenic. A longer filter life significantly lessens the time needed to invest in the maintenance of the arsenic removal systems.
We have concluded the best water filters that remove arsenic from the drinking water. These arsenic water filtration systems are very reliable and cost-effective to use at home. After deep research, we have reviewed, tested, and represent our best advice to buy and use them to access healthy and clean water. So no more expense with bottled water. Get access to these best filters!