In this world of innovative technology and the impact of social media in our lives, everyone has been a freak of living an ideal lifestyle. This lifestyle includes healthy and environmentally friendly ways to live in a peaceful state of mind.
You must have heard that health starts with your home. We can eat healthy keep our home clean but have we ever wondered about the water we are drinking? About 90% of the people living in this world have no access to clean drinking water.
This article is your ultimate guide in helping you to choose one of the best whole house reverse osmosis systems for your home.
Water coming in our taps contains many contaminants which are harmful to our health, they can give us chronic diseases in the long run, but if you think smartly and invest in a whole house RO system for home, it will bring a revolutionary change to your unfiltered water.
In this well-researched article, you will learn about:
- The top list of Six Best Whole House Reverse Osmosis System
- The reverse osmosis system and how it works
- Buyer’s guide to consider the points to buy the best whole house RO system for your house.
Top 3 Picks Of The Best Whole House Reverse Osmosis Systems At A Glance
- Brand: ISpring
- Capacity: 500 Gallons
- Model Name: 500 GPD Commercial Grade
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 14 x 11 x 18 inches
- Included Components: Housings, filters, parts and tubing, faucet and mounting bracket
- Purification Method: Reverse Osmosis, Activated Carbon, Carbon block
- Brand: ISpring
- Color: Blue
- Capacity: 300 Gallons
- Model Name: RCB3P
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 19.5 x 11 x 28 inches
- Included Components: Filters, parts, tubing
- Item Weight: 52 Pounds
- Purification Method: Reverse Osmosis
- Brand: APEC Water Systems
- Capacity: 75 Gallons
- Model Name: ROES-PH75
- Material: Polypropylene
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 16 x 5.25 x 17.5 inches
- Included Components: ROES-PH75
- Item Weight: 27 Pounds
- Purification Method: Reverse Osmosis, Alkaline
- Top 3 Picks Of The Best Whole House Reverse Osmosis Systems At A Glance
- Best Whole House Reverse Osmosis Systems
- Whole House Reverse Osmosis System Reviews 2021
- THE ULTIMATE BUYER’S GUIDE TO THE WHOLE HOUSE RO WATER SYSTEM
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Whole House RO system:
- Points; A buyer should keep in his mind to buy the best Whole House reverse osmosis system
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Best Whole House Reverse Osmosis Systems
The whole house RO system removes contaminants you do not want in your home’s water supply. Depending on the water source and the impurities present, you may want to reduce water hardness, sediments or improve foul smell and taste.
For the water quality difficulty that you experience, the best whole house reverse osmosis systems can be the solution to resolve your water quality issues.
- iSpring RCS5T Whole House Reverse Osmosis System
- iSpring RCB3P Commercial Grade Reverse Osmosis System
- APEC Water Systems ROES-PH75 6-Stage Whole House RO System
- US Water Systems Defender Whole House RO System
- Crystal Quest Whole House Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- Waterdrop WD-G3-W RO Whole House Reverse Osmosis System
iSpring RCS5T Whole House Reverse Osmosis System
|Check Price On Amazon|
iSpring RCB3P Commercial Grade Reverse Osmosis System
|Check Price On Amazon|
APEC Water Systems ROES-PH75 6-Stage Whole House RO System
|Check Price On Amazon|
US Water Systems Defender Whole House Reverse Osmosis System
|Check manufacturer Price|
Crystal Quest Whole House Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
|Check Price On Amazon|
Waterdrop WD-G3-W RO Whole House Reverse Osmosis System
|Check Price On Amazon|
Whole House Reverse Osmosis System Reviews 2021
The importance of reverse osmosis filters is that it helps access pure, drinkable water. It gives people access to fresh water free of contaminants, harmful chemicals, bacteria, and other bits that pollute the water. Here are the best whole house reverse osmosis system reviews that will make you comfortable to choose the best system
iSpring RCS5T Whole House Reverse Osmosis System:
The iSpring RCS5T system is a tankless reverse osmosis water filter system with high capacity and a 1:1 drain ratio which means that it wastes minimum water during filtration. It removes chlorine, hardness, heavy metals, pesticides, toxins, residues, chlorine, fluoride, lead, arsenic, pesticides, pathogens, sulfur, THMs, PFOA and PFOS, and many other impurities.
Benefits Of Using iSpring RCS5T Whole House Reverse Osmosis System:
It has five stages of filtration, which include filters with high-grade qualities.
- 1, 2 &3 stages consist of sediment filter that removes rust and sand, activated carbon responsible for chlorine, disinfection byproducts, and improves odor.
- 4th stage has Dual-Flow Reverse Osmosis Membrane, which removes heavy metals, VOCs, residues, etc.
- 5th stage removes chlorine, improves water quality.
The RCS5T is the best whole house reverse osmosis system due to its quality and is a fabulous choice for families, light business use for restaurants, offices, or any other having almost 20 people.
Typically this system takes a couple of hours with the help of industry leadership. Installation is very easy and convenient.
The system has a high-capacity tankless purifier with a dual-flow membrane that produces 500 gallons of RO water per day. It provides 1 gallon of filtered water with 1 gallon of wastage rate.
Filter’s Life is long-lasting, reliable, and efficient in cost, which is 2-3 years at 3 Gallons produced per day or 2600 Gallons.
It also has a built-in high-efficiency booster pump which increases the water pressure and the speed of the water, and it also comes with a 360-degree rotatable drinking faucet.
- It is affordable and long-lasting
- It is easy to install and change filters.
- Incoming Water Pressure is 30-70psi
- Maximum TDS 750 ppm.
- It has a built-in pressure pump.
- It is a great choice for families and commercial use, such as restaurants and saloons
- It doesn’t have a tank
- It has leakage issues.
- Installation takes time than other RO systems
iSpring RCB3P whole house RO system
The RCB3P system is one the best whole house reverse osmosis systems that can reduce more than 99.9% of contaminants, including fluoride, arsenic, chlorine, calcium, sodium, lead, asbestos, and many other substances.
Benefits Of Using iSpring RCB3P whole house RO system
- Can reduce more than 1000 contaminants
- High capacity filter with great water pressure
- Easy and convenient for whole home or shop, beauty shop, or any other little commercial purpose.
- iSpring is one of the best American companies, and it is the most valuable and best whole house reverse
- osmosis system, which has premium 5-stage filtration.
- Certified by NSF
5-stage premium filtration:
- 1& 2 stage contains Multi-layer filters and a Granular activated carbon filter which excludes dust, rust, odors, and chlorine.
- 3rd stage has a carbon block filter that prolongs the efficiency and filters Life. It improves taste and odor.
- 4th stage consists of super-efficient 3X RO membranes with 100 GDP, which rejects a wide spectrum of germs down to .0001 micron.
- 5th stage has an activated Post Carbon filter that removes chlorine, other residues and gives a final polish to your crystal color water.
This tankless system is installed on a metal basket and stainless steel frame, requiring easy installation and filter replacement. This hanging frame even gives an aesthetic look.
The iSpring RCB3P is a high-capacity best whole house reverse osmosis system convenient for whole-house or small business use. It can easily produce 300 gallons of water per day due to its efficient RO membrane with 0.0001-micron accuracy can filter pathogens.
The RCB3P system’s booster pump boosts up the purification process. This pump coordinates with the low water pressure to intensify and manage a whole-house reverse osmosis water filter. The system connects with pre-RO filters and three RO membranes with a capacity of 100 GDP. You have to pay extra costs for post filters like water softeners or UV filters to improve the water’s quality.
- Removes lead up to 98%
- 0.0001 precision of RO membrane to filter bacteria and viruses
- NSF certified
- 3X 100 GDP membranes increase the efficiency of the iSpring RCB3P system.
- hight capacity of 300 GPD
- pressure pump also support the whole house RO system to increase water pressure
- Tank costs extra
APEC Water Systems ROES-PH75 6-Stage Whole House RO System:
The 6-stage ROES-PH75 is one of the best whole house reverse osmosis systems which is guaranteed to remove up to 99% of pollutants. It removes chlorine, nitrates, VOCs, fluoride, taste, odor, arsenic, lead, and 1000+ contaminants.
Benefits Of Using APEC Water Systems ROES-PH75 6-Stage Whole House RO System:
- Everything is included for easy installation
- The user manual is easy to read and understand.
- This reverse osmosis water filter has large capacity filters with a long life.
- It produces 75 gallons of purified reverse osmosis water per day
- It has easy installation and maintenance.
- it has a remineralizing calcium filter
- it is WQA certified
- 1st stage includes a polypropylene sediment filter which removes dust, rust, and sediments from water
- 2nd & 3rd Stage consists of carbon block filters that help to get rid of unpleasant tastes and odors caused by chlorine, turbidity, and colors. It also VOCs and chemicals from the water.
- 4th stage has High Rejection TFC reverse osmosis membranes that remove 99% of TDS from the water and other harmful contaminants such as arsenic, chromium, lead, radium, and much more.
- 5th stage hasa coconut carbon filter that removes any remaining taste or unpleasant smell from the tank.
- The 6th stage has PH+alkaline remineralizing calcium filter adds back the calcium in the water.
APEC water systems are an ideal source of ultra-pure, clean drinking water right from your tap. This reverse osmosis water filtration is out-class water filtration comparable to that of bottled water. This whole house reverse osmosis water filter removes up to 99% contaminants and chemicals from your drinking water, ensuring you a safe and healthy drinking water experience.
Installation is very simple.
- It has excellent customer feedback.
- This whole house RO system is WQA certified
- 1-year Warranty
- Max TDS 2000 ppm
- tank capacity is 4 gallons
- There are some issues with leaks.
US Water Systems Defender Whole House RO System
The best whole house reverse osmosis system to defend your home that removes water pollution, heavy metals like lead, arsenic, PFOA, PFOAS, and other harmful contaminants. It is very customizable, economical, and eco-friendly.
Benefits Of Using US Water Systems Defender Whole House RO System
- It is very efficient in saving water and can up to 80% of water
- The drain ratio is 1:5
- It is made in the US
- It has a lightweight motor and a pump.
- Pressure and gauzes are made up of stainless steel
- It can remove up to 99% TDS from water
- This whole house reverses the osmosis system offers a lifetime warranty on tanks and two years Warranty on the other parts.
It undergoes six stages of filtration, which include the pre and post-treatment of water.
- Stage 1 has a 5-micron precision which protects the solenoids, sheaths, and tanks from dust, rust, sand, and sediment. This filter needs to be changed once in 6-12 months.
- Stage 2 contains reverse osmosis filtration. In which RO membranes work to remove most contaminants from the water.
- Stage 3 acts as a Ph neutralizer and remineralization, which is optional.
- Stage 4 consists of the storage tanks, which can store up to 140 gallons of purified reverse osmosis water
- Stage 5th & 6th work on providing an optimal pressure for the water to be used, and a UV disinfectant is also used to kill any airborne or pathogenic organisms from water.
If you are willing to buy this whole house reverse osmosis water filter, then you will be impressed by its 88% efficiency ratings against the contaminants.
Many commercial Reverse Osmosis systems waste gallons of water for every gallon they filtered, which is very expensive. This best whole house reverse osmosis system produces 5 gallons of filtered water with one gallon of wastewater.
It is very easy to maintain. The more beneficial thing added to it is industrial pumps and UV disinfection. It has a rejection Defender Controller with the Highest Rejection Rates, Up to 99%, with a TDS Meter that improves water quality. This system also uses a true Commercial-Grade Centrifugal Pump which is a best competent than other traditional RO systems. The commercial-grade centrifugal pump lasts for many years. This quality makes it a bonus.
It has the best Warranty for two years.
- It is durable for up to 20 years of lifespan.
- 80% efficiency rating
- It has a permeate flush option
- It has a built-in flow meter and gauzes
- It has a built-in commercial pump and motor
- It has a built-in TDS flow meter.
- Warranty for two years
- It is very expensive compared to other filters
- It doesn’t give a detailed guide about the filter changes.
Crystal Quest Whole House Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
Crystal quest is one of the best whole house reverse osmosis systems that remove contaminants and is the most effective water filtration system available and can provide purified, great-tasting water throughout your home.
Benefits Of Using Crystal Quest Whole House Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
It undergoes 5-stages of filtration, having sediment filter cartridges, a carbon block filter, a SMART filter cartridge, and a RO membrane filter. The storage tank consists of the RO System, which produces 200-7,000 GPD equipped with prefiltration, water tank, pump, and float switches.
Crystal Quest is one of the best whole house reverse osmosis systems for compact design and affordability. It is factory-tested, and all the components have a lightweight body with a compact yet stylish design. It also comes with recommended add ons like the booster pump, storage tanks, and a UV filter.
Crystal Quest guarantees you safe drinking water from every faucet at your house. This whole house reverse osmosis water filter is USA-made and BPA-free. It has a lifetime guarantee of 15 years if used with care and maintained regularly. This whole house reverse osmosis water filter is used by NASA, Stanford Harvard, and top-class pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer.
- One of the most economical reverse osmosis water filters.
- It can produce up to 165 to 550 gallons of purified reverse osmosis water in the tank.
- SWP ISO certified. It has nine different flow rates.
- Capacity is1500GPD
- It also has three system sizes.
- It has fewer customer reviews.
- It also has many recommended ads on which can cause an increase in overall cost.
Waterdrop WD-G3-W RO Whole House Reverse Osmosis System
The Waterdrop WD-G3 is the best whole house RO system, NSF/ANSI 58, 372 certified. It removes TDS up to 97%, inorganic pollutants, harmful chemicals, such as arsenic compounds nitrates, and reduces organic compounds such as asbestos, fluorine, chlorine, benzene lindane, etc., improves the taste of water.
Benefits Of Using Waterdrop WD-G3-W RO Whole House Reverse Osmosis System
- It is NSF certified for TDS reduction
- It has a smart and easy to install design
- Consist of composite filters and a tankless design
- It provides seven stages of filteration
- It has an internal pump that provides purified reverse osmosis water up to 400 gallons per day.
- This reverse osmosis water filter can fill a cup in 12 seconds
- It has a low drain ratio and saves wastewater by 300%
- It can easily filter over 1000 contaminants
- Automatic start and stop buttons.
Waterdrop WD-G3 is a Smart TDS Monitoring Panel that shows the total dissolved solids purified from water. It undergoes 7-stages of filtration, with pre and post-filtration.
It can fill 1-cup of water in 12 seconds because the water flow is very best as it provides 400 gallons per day which is enough for large to small families. Provide rapid filtration. Freshwater comes to you!
If you seek a sleek compact and tankless RO for your home, this best whole house reverses osmosis system is the one for you. It is a space saver, which takes less space on the counter or under the kitchen.
- Produces up to 400 gallons of purified reverse osmosis water per day.
- NSF certified for TDS reduction up to 97%
- 7-stages filtration
- Fills a full cup 12 seconds
- It has a manual flush
- It has loose faucets
- It doesn’t filter water accurately.
- The filter is too porous.
THE ULTIMATE BUYER’S GUIDE TO THE WHOLE HOUSE RO WATER SYSTEM
Here is everything you need to know about the whole house RO system
What is a Whole house reverse osmosis water filter system?
A whole-home RO system is a water filtration system that works by RO membranes or a semi-permeable membrane. These reverse osmosis filters are installed at the point of entry of the water in your home. All the water entering your house will go through the whole house RO filter to get purified before using. The reverse osmosis membranes ensure that the water is pure and free from harmful chemicals, sediments, dissolved solids, TDS, and bad taste and odor.
What is the best whole house reverse osmosis system?
The best whole house reverse osmosis systems remove chemicals up to 99% like chlorine, fluorine, arsenic, chromium, uranium, copper, calcium, magnesium, lead, phosphorus, sodium, nitrate, pharmaceuticals, sediments like sand dust, chunks of rust, and many other dissolved chemicals.
The whole reverse osmosis water filter is usually expensive than other reverse osmosis systems because it provides water supply all over the house. It is also a cost-effective method to remove all the contaminants from your water and get purified water for a lifetime.
How does the Whole House RO system work?
- There are many ways reverse osmosis filters work, and the basic phenomenon is the passing of water through a semi-permeable membrane that filters out the contaminants, and clean water is available for use.
- A whole house reverse osmosis water filter system has many stages and different filters to ensure that the water is free from all the dirt and debris, including the harmful contaminants which can cause a health hazard.
- There are many stages of a Reverse Osmosis filter, but the reverse osmosis membranes do the main work.
- Other than that, there are pre and post-filters that treat the water further to enhance water purity.
- The sediment and carbon filters work pre-treatment and filter out sediments and debris from the water.
- The RO and granular filters work at the last stages of water filtration.
- The whole house reverse osmosis water system can have either filter like SEDIMENT FILTERS, CARBON FILTERS, RO MEMBRANE FILTERS.
- After the water is filtered, it goes into the storage tanks for use.
- Some filters are tankless reverse osmosis systems that do not have a tank, so the water is readily available for use at the same time.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Whole House RO system:
- WHOLE WATER SUPPLY: Whole house reverse osmosis filters are one solution to all kinds of water filtration systems. They are used for multiple purposes in the house, such as shower filters, countertop filters, or even under the sink filters.
- SUFFICIENT TASTE: Reverse osmosis filters present in whole-home systems improve water taste by removing the smell. The best whole house reverse osmosis systems help to get relief from bottled water.
- COST-EFFECTIVE: You will save a lot of money if you opt for reverse osmosis filters than bottled water.
- Using filtered reverse osmosis water will improve your overall health.
- RESOLVE SKIN ISSUES: You are more likely to have better skin and hair when you access clean drinking water through reverse osmosis filters. The chlorine and sulfates in water cause many hair damages and aggravate many skin conditions like eczema.
- EFFICIENT SYSTEM: Reverse osmosis water filtration systems are the most effective technology because they remove 99.9% of impurities from water.
- EXPENSIVE: The whole house RO system is undoubtedly best and most effective but is the most expensive water filtration system used in residential homes.
- REVERSE OSMOSIS MAKES WATER ACIDIC: They make the water acidic by lowering its pH, which is not good for the health. All the TDS are removed, and all the essential minerals are reduced to provide sufficient minerals nutrients.
- ADDITIONAL COST OF REMINERALIZTION: The water, when filtered by a reverse osmosis water filter, has to be remineralized as this reverse osmosis water filter removes all the minerals from the water
- WASTES WATER: reverse osmosis filters waste a lot of water while filtering the water. It would be best to have adequate water pressure in your house before installing reverse osmosis filters; otherwise, they won’t work.
- MULTI-FILTERS REQUIRED TO IMPROVE QUALITY OF WATER: The multi-filters include sediment filters to protect the system from sediments, water softeners to remove the harshness of water. And you might also need a UV filter installed with a reverse osmosis water filter to kill the bacteria or any pathogens remaining in your water.
Points; A buyer should keep in his mind to buy the best Whole House reverse osmosis system
Things you must know before buying the whole house RO system
Removal of contaminants:
The best whole house reverse osmosis systems have a guaranteed water filter that removes 99.9% of the contaminants from drinking water, purifying reverse osmosis water.
The reverse osmosis water filter removes sediments and rust with iron from the water, which, if left untreated, can cause staining on the clothes if clothes are washed from that water.
Reverse osmosis membranes are designed in a way that they also remove VCOs, pesticides, and heavy metals from the water.
If you are certain about the number of contaminants, including the types of contaminants in water, you should buy the reverse osmosis filter according to your needs and affordability.
The best whole house reverse osmosis water system is the one that is NSF or WQA certified. An ideal whole house RO filter has all the proper certifications, whether from EPA, ANSI standard, or Gold Seal Certification.
If the whole-home RO system is not certified, it is very unlikely to work efficiently, and it is a risk you should not take with your drinking water.
Flow rate and capacity:
Flow rate is an important factor you need to consider before buying the best whole house reverse osmosis system for your home. Flow rate is the output filtered water a reverse osmosis water filter can produce.
If you have a large family with a lot of water consumption, you need to opt for a whole house reverse osmosis water filter that can produce more than 75 gallons of water per day. Drinking water is not much of a hassle, but laundry and toilets are the biggest sources of water consumption.
If you have an idea or a suitable model in your mind which can fulfill your water needs, then you should wait no more and run to buy a reverse osmosis water filter for your home.
Wastage rate and production of water:
When choosing one of the best whole house reverse osmosis systems for your home, you face a drawback: they waste a certain amount of water. You’ll be satisfied to know that POE RO water systems have a decent waste ratio.
In reverse osmosis water filtration, the waste ratio is 4 gallons of water produced per 1 gallon of water waste. You must always choose a reverse osmosis water filter that has the lowest drain ratio so that you can save your water bill.
Pre and post-filtration:
There is no doubt that reverse osmosis drinking water is the best and cleanest water, but to attain that kind of purity, you need to prefer the best whole house reverse osmosis system with pre and post-water filters which effectively remove all wastes from the drinking water.
You must have a water softener installed before the reverse osmosis water filter system to soften the water because untreated tap water is hard water and can damage your reverse osmosis filter. There is a chance that you also need a neutralizer because reverse osmosis drinking water is acidic.
You also need a UV filter to post-treat your water to prevent bacteria from the filter tank.
You are very much aware that a reverse osmosis water filter removes everything from your drinking water. Reverse osmosis membranes are innovative, top-quality membranes, and they filter out even the smallest of contaminants. All these benefits are appreciable, but on the downside, water is a deficit in minerals.
Now, suppose you are a health freak and want some minerals in your water instead of just flat water. In that case, you must go for the best whole house reverse osmosis system with remineralization, which would be an additional cost but would guarantee you filtered reverse osmosis water with added minerals like calcium, magnesium, and zinc, etc.
The whole house RO filter is a large unit installation. They need to have ample space as they have pre and post-treatment filters too. The water storage tanks of the best whole house reverse osmosis system are approximately six feet tall and hold 200-250 gallons of water.
Reverse osmosis water filtration systems are installed indoors to protect them from freezing temperatures, so you need to clear up space in your basement or storage room.
The room must be enough to walk around as these filters need to be maintained, and sometimes the pipes need plumbing, so make sure it’s not too cramped up in there.
Here is the list of best whole house reverse osmosis systems, which will help you to provide contaminant-free water with improved quality. You can apply them under-counter or countertop according to your convenience. The whole house RO filters are long-term investing systems that will help get rid of hard water and contaminated water. It is a very reliable and cost-effective method to supply water overall at home. Stay safe, stay healthy!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Some others question’s answers for our readers that might be helpful for reading.
Is it necessary to have a Whole House water filter system?
Is a whole house reverse osmosis system is a long-lasting investment?
Should You Invest in a POE RO System for Your Home?
POE (Point Of Entry) reverse osmosis water filter systems are a good long-term investment for your drinking water. It requires minimal maintenance once installed. You only need to change the cartridges every day and clean them.
Reverse osmosis filters can be of many types depending upon your house’s consumption of water and use. The types which can be used are tankless reverse osmosis systems, countertop reverse osmosis water filters, the whole house reverse osmosis filters and reverse osmosis filter pitchers.