Drinking clean water is crucial to our health. If you don’t have a filter, you may wonder if you require a whole house water filter with a water softener. It’s a good decision to select.
A whole house filter and water softener combo perform ultrafiltration to give perfect results. They can remove harmful materials as well as the high-scale buildup.
That’s my right to guide you with the basic mechanics to make a perfect purchasing decision on a home filter. So in this blog, I’ll define water softening and buy a water softener whole home filter.
If you enjoy learning, then keep reading!
- Water Softening
- Working On Water Softener
- Do I Need A Whole Home Filter And Water Softener Combo?
- Which is better, Water Softener Or a Water Filter?
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A whole-house filtration system capable of removing hardening agents (calcium and magnesium) present in drinking water is called a water softener.
Removing calcium, magnesium, and other hard minerals using a whole home water softener is water softening. Most of the best methods of water softening technologies include:
- Salt-Free Water Conditioning: Template Assisted Crystallization or Nucleation Assisted Crystallization
- Salt-Free Water Conditioning
Working On Water Softener
Water softeners treat the hardness of water is remover by two methods to remove calcium, magnesium, and other hard minerals. One is a salt-resin method, and the other is an ion-exchange resin; both are coated with brine or sodium solution.
The deposited minerals are gathered in the resin when the hard water runs through the whole home water softener. Microscopic beads resin tangle hard water minerals because they contain negative charge while minerals control positive charge which is attracted toward negatively charged beads.
The filtered softened water is softer and delicious.
Do I Need A Whole Home Filter And Water Softener Combo?
Buying a whole house water filter and water softener pair is not usually necessary. But a useful way to judge whether you need a combo is the pH balance of freshwater with acidic minerals found in solution spa jets, poorly designed pipes, fittings, hot tubs, shower cubicles, leaching taps, and the harmful contaminants.
But you must first consider your water problem and focus on what your water contains? A whole house water filter and softener combo will be a good idea if your water contains scale buildup, bacteria, viruses, microbes, rotten egg smell, heavy metals, and many more.
The most important thing is that water softeners’ life span is very good. You need not worry about the replacement and worth.
Which is better, Water Softener Or a Water Filter?
Water Softener or a Water Filter, which would be better, can be controversial for the people living in the US. I don’t prefer a single system; however, I can recommend a two-in-one filter. It’s just because every system has its specialty to remove contaminants.
Both devices work well, but ultimately it depends on your needs.
- A water softener or ionizer is an appliance that drags minerals from water. A water softener uses salt to remove minerals from the water, allowing it to prevent mineral buildup in pipes and appliances.
- It is good to choose if you want to remove the hardness of the water. The problem with this type of appliance requires a significant amount of maintenance to keep working properly.
- In most cases, a water softener is better than a filter if your main concern is hardness.
- Water filters are used to remove large particles and other chemicals in the water.
- Water filters work by removing impurities, but they don’t have any chemicals that can cause problems if left in your home for an extended period.
- A water filter is a better option than a water softener if you merely want to lessen the presence of dangerous impurities.
- You can reduce dangerous chemicals like chlorine, chloramines, toxic VOCs, and more by running your home’s water through a quality whole house water filter.
Water Filter vs Water Softener: Which One Do You Need?
Water softener helps you to reduce minerals, like calcium and magnesium that contribute to the hard water and make it safe to drink. While water filter system helps you to remove harmful contaminants and dissolved solids from water, such as chlorine, lead, bacteria etc
Here is the video that I’m linking explains the difference between a water filtration system and a water softener.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Some others questions, and answers for our readers that might be helpful for reading.
How Long Do Whole-Home Water Softeners Last?
If you carefully maintain your whole home, Water softeners can stay for a long time with the best filter’s lifespan from 2-10 years, depending upon the quality of the filter you are using.
Water Softener Vs. Reverse osmosis: What You Should Buy?
Reverse osmosis is the best option to choose If your water contains fluoride, silt, sediments, VOCs, chlorine, arsenic, pharmaceuticals, and other organic and inorganic pollutants. But water softener alone doesn’t perform such perfect filtration; it only removes the rotten smell, chlorine, chloramine, and hardness of the water.
Combining both filters is a plus point added to the filtration process.