Viruses can contaminate water supplies by entering the ground, air, or water in U.S. drinking water. Once in the water supply, viruses can spread through the water by contacting other water sources or being ingested. World Health Organization (WHO) includes the viruses such as adenovirus, hepatitis A and E viruses, rotavirus, enteroviruses, norovirus, caliciviruses, and polioviruses.
The best portable water filter for home, camping, and outing might be right for you if you are looking for a way to improve water quality while also ensuring safety from harmful viruses and bacteria. The word portable filter means
I experienced and researched these portable filters that remove viruses and bacteria. I’ve compiled the most suitable portable water filters for backpacking, travel, biking, trailing, hiking, home, and office.
In this blog post, you’ll learn.
- Portable water filters that remove viruses and bacteria from drinking water.
- Plus, a buyers guide: Important factors that you should keep in your mind while purchasing a portable water filter for your need.
It’ll help you in safe drinking and is beneficial in preventing various diseases. Let’s access safe and healthy drinking!
- Best Portable Water Filters That Remove Virus and Bacteria
- LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
- Renovo Water MUV Survivalist Water Filter
- Survivor Filter Squeeze Water Filter Kit
- MSR MiniWorks EX Backcountry Water Filter
- Survivor Filter Pro Water Filter System for Survival
- Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose The Best Portable Water Filter that Removes Viruses, Bateria, and Other Contaminants
- For Buyer’s Knowledge: What are Viruses?
- Health Effects Of Viruses in Drinking Water
Best Portable Water Filters That Remove Virus and Bacteria
- LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
- MSR MiniWorks EX Backcountry Water Filter
- Survivor Filter Squeeze Water Filter Kit
- Renovo MUV – Best Water Filter for Survival
- Survivor Filter Pro – Portable Water Filter System
|LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle||Check Price On Amazon|
|MSR MiniWorks EX Backcountry Water Filter||Check Price On Amazon|
|Survivor Filter Squeeze Water Filter Kit||Check Price On Amazon|
|Renovo MUV - Best Water Filter for Survival||Check Price On Amazon|
|Survivor Filter Pro - Portable Water Filter System||Check Price On Amazon|
Top Rated Portable Water Filters Reviewed in 2022
So what makes a great portable water filter? It is small, easy to use, and removes contaminants from your water. The more amazing features and specifications distinguish this selection from other portable water filtration systems. Here are the top-rated portable water filters in 2022.
LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
Lifestraw Go is the world’s best portable water filter for camping, backpacking, camping, or travelling through the wilderness to access the purest water. It’s a filter with a 2-stage filter system of microporous filter combined with a carbon block filter.
Lifesrtaw Go removes more than 99.99% of bacteria and up to 98% of viruses, parasites, and microplastics to purify water up to 50 feet, making it safe for human consumption. It is the same technology used in the U.S. military on the battlefield, so it is also a portable water filtration system for disaster relief.
It has a long-lasting microfilter membrane that lasts up to 4,000 litres, and the activated charcoal filter remains up to 100 litres of water with proper use and maintenance. You’ll have to pay extra for replacing your filters more frequently with this one. But the plus point is that you don’t have to buy a new system like other portable systems; instead, you keep the same bottle and need to purchase replacement filters.
You don’t have to carry a bunch of water bottles, and it is available in 2 sizes, 22 oz, and 1L oz, giving you clean water to drink and refill your bottles throughout your journey. Fill LifeStraw Go with water from streams, lakes, rivers, oceans, or a fresh spring, then screw the top down securely. Add the LifeStraw Plus Reusable Filter and enjoy crystal clear drinking water anytime.
- It’s durable and lightweight, making it ideal for every purpose.
- Easy-to-use and leak-proof
- It doesn’t need to add extra weight to backpacking
- It doesn’t need any setup to install
- It has an automatic shut-off system.
- It is not ideal for filtering large volumes of water.
- It uses the bottle to carry water
Renovo Water MUV Survivalist Water Filter
Renovo is a new product in the market that people can use in the wilderness, especially in areas affected by earthquakes, floods, or the best portable water filtration system for disaster relief. It is the best portable water filter for travel, active individuals, and survivalists alike and is perfect for uncertain situations.
It’s the best portable U.V. water purifier with a 3-stage filtration system with U.V. light, a Nanalum Virus Filter, an activated carbon filter, and Micron Hollow Fiber technology to remove chemicals and bacteria, viruses, and other harmful substances.
A great all-around filter will keep the water you drink clear and pure. Renovo Survivalist Water Filter works individually or combined for additional filtration capabilities. It can be used as a straw, portable gravity water filter system with the included bucket adapter and gravity bag.
The Renovo Water MUV Survivalist Water Filter is an ultra-portable, easy-to-use, affordable water filter for backpacking, camping, or travel. It provides large volumes of water enough to drink.
- U.V. light also protects the water from corrosion and deterioration.
- Perfect for emergencies, international travels, natural disasters, and hiking
- Multi-filtration technology
- Use as straw and gravity filter
- The package is not sturdy
- The glass break easily
Survivor Filter Squeeze Water Filter Kit
Survivor Filter is a personal & portable water filter that has a convenient storage pouch, a 3-stage filtration system, a removable pre-filter, and a squeeze bottle. The pre-filter removes large particles, and the activated carbon filter removes chlorine, 99.99% of bacteria, and up to 98% of viruses, parasites, algae, giardia, cryptosporidium, cysts, toxins, and heavy metals.
The carbon filter lasts up to 1,000 liters, and the ultrafilter is reusable after 100,000 liters. It is a unique water filter kit with a personal water filter straw, a collapsible water bottle, and a storage pouch. The storage pocket keeps your water fresh for up to 10 days.
Not only this, it is tested and verified to remove viruses and many more. It is the best portable water filter that eliminates viruses and is suitable for camping, hiking, hunting, and family trips.
- Proved and tested against viruses and bacteria
- 3-stage filtration system with an activated carbon filter.
- Straw is very easy to use.
- The filter is a one-piece design that is easy to carry.
- It is a bit pricey, but you get a good deal with the features.
- It does not remove radioactive materials.
MSR MiniWorks EX Backcountry Water Filter
The MSR MiniWorks EX Backcountry Water Filter is the most popular water filter for hikers and backpackers because it is easy to use, easy to carry, and very effective. It has a stainless steel internal filter that is easy to replace and clean.
It is the best quality portable filter that Meets U.S. EPA standards of drinking water and is certified against NSF protocol P231. The Aquatabs tablets that the MSR MiniWorks filter contains can inactivate viruses without leaving a foul odor.
My favorite thing is the AireSpring Accumulator; thanks to its innovation, the microfilter has a great flow to produce a great amount of water in a minute. You can easily maintain it without the usage of tools. But this pump water filter is bulkier than a squeeze water filter or gravity filter, but there are many benefits to owning this unit. Being compatible with typical water bottles, it is an effective filter for using particularly turbid or tannic water, such as lake water.
You don’t need a complex setup to make your purified water with the MSR MiniWorks. Attach the filter cartridge, hang it on your water bottle and let the system do its job while you relax by the campsite fire.
MSR is a new product in the market that you can use in the wilderness, especially in areas affected by earthquakes, floods, or other natural disasters. It is a unique water filter kit with a personal water filter straw, a collapsible water bottle, and a storage pouch. And for costumer’s peace of mind, it has a lifetime warranty.
- It removes viruses (99.99%), bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.9%) and particulate.
- Lifetime warranty
- Easy to use.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Aqua tabs are odorless and taste-neutral.
- It is not a chemical filter and not an iodine filter.
- It is not a complete system with a proper purification method.
Survivor Filter Pro Water Filter System for Survival
The Survivor Filter Pro is a hand-crank water filtration system with a filter cartridge, a collapsible water bottle, and a storage pouch. It is composed of a dual hollow fiber membrane and carbon filter Filtration that is 20 times more efficient than the competition at 0.2 microns. The product is certified and tested to remove viruses, bacteria, parasites, heavy metals, bad tastes, and foul odors.
It is a versatile water purification system that is small, compact, lightweight, easy to use, and easy to carry. It is the perfect water purification system for backpacking, camping, hiking, fishing, boating, and hunting. It is the best choice for your next survival mission.
It is available with a greater life span; Micron Ultra Filter lasts up to 100,00 liters. Micron Ultra Filter is usable for up to 100,000 liters, and you can reuse the carbon filter for up to 2,000 liters. It is a portable filter available with a fast flow rate that gives 17 Ounces per Minute.
- It is easy to use and clean.
- It is small, lightweight, easy to carry, and easy to use.
- It is BPA-free.
- Not Watertight
- A little pricey
Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose The Best Portable Water Filter that Removes Viruses, Bateria, and Other Contaminants
Today’s portable water filters are more powerful than ever before. However, this also means that you have to be more careful about choosing the right one for your needs.
The market has a lot of best portable filters, and it can be difficult to tell the good from the bad. This buyer’s guide will walk you through the features you need to look for in a portable water filter that removes viruses and bacteria and shows you the best available ones.
Removal of Contaminants
The first thing you need to know about a portable water filter is its effectiveness in removing contaminants. There are three main types of pollutants that you need to look for:
- Viruses are the smallest of the three, but they can cause illness if you consume them.
- Bacteria are more common than viruses, and they are typically present in water that has been stagnant for a long period.
- Chemicals are pollutants and other contaminants that can cause illness. Then you should install portable water filters that remove chemicals.
Flow rate is the amount of water that passes through the filter in a unit of time. Gallons per minute (GPM) is its unit.
- Filter Size: It is the size of the filter—the unit of filter size in microns.
- Filter Media: The type of filter used in the system, like activated carbon, reverse osmosis, or a combination of the two.
Consider the filter with a maximum flow rate that can fulfill your requirements.
Let’s suppose you are planning a trip or going for train running; you will require a portable filter for train running that must be light in weight and easy to carry. The best one would be the backpack filter. It is a great way of filtering your water on the go.
Consider the filter with less weight and normal size that is easy to carry to help you access safe and clean drinking water anywhere.
To ensure that your water is free from bacteria and viruses, you need to consider the filter with the highest filtering speed. The most common filtering speed is 1 micron.
Consider the filter with the highest filtering speed to ensure that your water is free from bacteria and viruses. It is the speed at which the filter will remove the contaminants. It can be in the range of 1-2 minutes.
Reusable water filters are more efficient and are a cost-effective option. However, they require regular maintenance and replacement of the filter media. Consider the filter that has reusable filter media.
Ease of Use
Ease of use is the most important factor to consider when buying a portable water filter. You will be using it regularly, and it needs to be easy to use. Consider the filter that has the best ease of use.
Portable filters are great because you can take them anywhere you go. They are a great way of filtering water in places with no running water.
The best portable water filters are designed to filter out contaminants and are safe. A good portable filter will easily clean the filter and help you avoid health issues. If you are looking for a portable water filter that is easy to use, consider the filter with a filter media that is easy to replace.
The price of a portable water filter is determined by its size, filtering speed, filter media, and other features. Consider the filter with the best filtering speed, filter media, and other features at the best price.
For Buyer’s Knowledge: What are Viruses?
In biology, a virus is a submicroscopic infectious agent that replicates only within living cells. Viruses are a large group of pathogens that are not self-replicating and have no metabolic activity. Viruses can be very small. For example, the smallpox virus is about 100 nanometers (a nanometer is a millionth of a meter).
Thus far, there are at least ten different types of viruses. Most viruses are smaller than bacteria. Viruses can replicate themselves and spread to other cells by attaching to and entering them. Most viruses have some protein shell that covers the virus and protects it from being destroyed by the body.
The viruses can directly infect cells, alter gene expression, promote cell proliferation, etc.
Source of Viruses
Drinking water can be a source of water-borne disease, especially if it contains viruses. Most drinking water comes from rivers, lakes, and other bodies of water. But there are also other sources, such as municipal water treatment plants, that can be a source of disease.
Viruses can be found in untreated or treated water, depending on the type of treatment used.
Health Effects Of Viruses in Drinking Water
Viruses can cause several health problems, including:
- The hepatitis A virus can cause a mild flu-like illness in children and adults. The symptoms of hepatitis A include fever, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, jaundice, dark urine, and pale stools. It is important to get medical attention if these symptoms occur because the hepatitis A virus can be fatal.
- The hepatitis B virus can cause several health problems, including liver disease, cirrhosis, and liver cancer.
- The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- The rotavirus and norovirus can cause diarrhoea.
- The poliovirus can cause paralysis and even death.
Look no further than these best portable filters that remove viruses and bacteria for those worried about getting sick from drinking water. These are amazing options for people who don’t have access to clean water or don’t trust their local water source. These are also easy to use, making them perfect for camping, travelling, or if you want a healthy and safe option.