The Millennials are obsessed with the notion of ‘health.’ Be it organic food or gluten-free bread, everything they put in their bodies must be optimum. This obsession with transforming everything edible into its optimum form has led to the discovery of Antioxidant Water: plain water but with added benefits. But the real question then becomes: what is antioxidant water good for in humans? Companies like Bai water and Smart water cash out on this obsession with health and infuse their water with antioxidants like selenium. These companies market their products to sports professionals and people with fatal diseases on the theoretical framework of the effectiveness of antioxidant alkaline water. Now, if you do not know:
- What is antioxidant water?
- What is antioxidant water good for ad what are its benefits.
- What are hydrogen water and its benefit?
- The best hydrogen and antioxidant drinks in the market, and
- The companies that manufacture hydrogen, alkaline, and antioxidant drinks such as smart water and bai water,
You have clicked on the right link because the following article will answer the above deliberations in detail.
What Is Antioxidant Water?
To understand what antioxidant water is and what antioxidant water does, comprehending what antioxidants are is crucial. Antioxidants are naturally occurring substances commonly found in fruits and vegetables, which neutralize and balance the free radicals in our body system. Free radicals are detrimental to health, and they are produced when food breaks down, or a person is exposed to radiation or smoke. They cause diseases by attacking healthy fats, proteins, and cells in our bodies.
Examples of antioxidants comprise vitamins E and C, selenium, and carotenoids such as lycopene, beta-carotenoid, lutein, and zeaxanthin. They may help and protect the cells from damage caused by free radicals. Other naturally occurring antioxidants include tannins, phenols, flavonoids, and lignans obtaining from plants which is also the best source. So enjoy a variety of fruits, nuts, and vegetables!
Now, what is antioxidant water? Antioxidant water has a lower or negative Oxidation Reduction Potential explicitly compared to tap water; water with a higher or positive ORP is potentially dangerous for our cells as it escalates the deterioration process. Alkaline water act as antioxidant water in your body
What is antioxidant water good for?
Antioxidant water is very good as it provides various benefits to your body. So here is a list of thing that what does antioxidant water do to your body.
1. PROVIDE DETOXIFICATION
When you drink acidic water, acid collects in the body and causes serious illness. Detoxify your body to remove normal acidic waste products. Drinking alkaline water neutralizes acidity, removes acid from the body, and removes toxins. The antioxidant water is also helpful in reducing weight.
2. HELP TO STAY HYDRATED
Water keeps your body hydrated, and alkaline antioxidant water or antioxidant water adds cherry to the cake! Alkaline water has the best antioxidant property to neutralize the pH balance and contains minerals in the water that fulfill the body’s needs. The fruits that carry antioxidant properties added to your water and keep for a few hours, like lemon water, berry water, etc., also make your body hydrated. Stay hydrated, stay blessed!
3. CANCER PROTECTION
Antioxidants compounds inhibit the oxidation of other molecules and prevent them from changing into radical form. The free radicals are free to move, so antioxidants present in alkaline antioxidant water reduce the property and reactivity of free radicals.
Alkaline water work as an antioxidant, which has a unique property to neutralize toxic free radicals. Because alkaline water blocks the way of free radicals and protects the body from cancer-like disease, the ionized alkaline antioxidant water converts free radicles into oxygen which your mitochondria use to generate energy and tissue oxygenation.
4. REDUCES AGING
Antioxidant water or alkaline water is the master at this job to neutralize our system’s free radicals. Many recent searches and latest searches have described that antioxidants reduce signs of the aging process and deterioration of cells.
5. BOOST UP THE IMMUNITY
The antioxidant property of alkaline water boosts up immunity to fight against harmful substances and cancer-causing agents.
15 Benefits Of Antioxidant Water
Antioxidant Water enthusiasts sing praises and claim that this water to have the best health properties for our bodies. The benefits of antioxidant water are theoretically correct, but the evidence and studies are still underway to back up the claims. Some of the advantages of Antioxidant water are:
- It has anti-aging properties as it sustains the degradation process of the cells by neutralizing the ions in the body.
- It has colon-cleansing properties as it flushes out the toxins from the system and improves colon health if daily water consumption is met.
- It provides sufficient support to our immune system to function optimally, which tap water bottled water does not offer.
- With anti-aging properties, the antioxidant property of alkaline antioxidant water is also super beneficial for the hydration of our skin, providing a refreshed look.
- Antioxidant water is also a healthy partner for people on the weight loss journey as it helps increase metabolism.
- With its detoxification properties, the antioxidant property of water also prevents cell damage and helps with old age wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
- Recent studies have shown that antioxidant food and water significantly lowers the chance of developing cancer but are no extensive studies to back this claim.
- Antioxidant water is an easy, cheap, and effective alternative to tap-water bottled water.
- Antioxidant water is also an adequate replacement for people who have trouble maintaining their antioxidant levels by consuming certain foods.
- It has a low Oxidation Reduction Potential, which is crucial in combatting the side effects of soda and fizzy drinks.
- Having a low Oxidation Reduction Potential plays an essential role in neutralizing the acid in our body, reducing acidity-related issues.
- According to a small study, consuming antioxidants after exercise reduces the chances of exercise-induced muscle damage.
- Besides reducing muscle damage, antioxidant drinks are known to obliterate cholesterol levels, promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Some other studies have also shown antioxidant-rich food and drinks to minimize oxidative stress on the body.
- Lastly, antioxidant water is an effective hydrating agent compared to tap-water bottled water and promotes brain health.
Hydrogen Water With Antioxidant Properties
The concept of Hydrogen Water is simple: tap water bottled water with an added amount of hydrogen gas in it. It is usually sold in cans and tap water bottled with hydrogen gas infused before packaging, or hydrogen tables are readily available, which can be plopped in a glass of water to get your dose of hydrogen. This recent discovery of consuming hydrogen addedly is fueled by hydrogen significantly increases the water’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. So learn to know that what are the benefits of hydrogen water.
- It has been shown to reduce muscle damage and
- Improve athletic performance in people.
- It has the antioxidant property been shown to prevent disease, and
- Release oxidative stress on the brain.
Most Powerful Antioxidant Drinks
With the beverage companies flourishing to fulfill people’s expectations and needs for healthy choices, there are quite a few antioxidant drinks on the forefront. Some of the best antioxidant beverages are:
- Green Tea is rich in naturally occurring antioxidants such as gallic acid, epicatechin, and catechin.
- Coffee: Coffee is one of the richest sources of antioxidants that could help fight and prevent multiple diseases. It is also notoriously famous for having more antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetable – it contains caffeic acid, chlorogenic acid, catechin, quercetin, and rutin.
- Beet Root Juice: Beets are famous for having phenolic compounds and antioxidants, which act as an inflammatory substances, improving long-term health.
- Acai Berry Fruit Juice: Acai fruit has an antioxidant property that reduces oxidative stress, improves brain function, and foreshortens cholesterol levels. It is one of the best and potent oxidative drinks preferred by athletes and health freaks.
Foods that contain antioxidants
According to Harward School Of Public Health, list of antioxidants that the foods contain:
- Vitamin C: Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cantaloupe, cauliflower, grapefruit, leafy greens (turnip, mustard, beet, collards), honeydew, kale, kiwi, lemon, orange, papaya, snow peas, strawberries, sweet potato, tomatoes, and bell peppers (all colors)
- Vitamin E: Almonds, Swiss chard, avocado, leafy greens (beet, mustard, turnip), peanuts, red peppers, spinach (boiled), and sunflower seeds
- Carotenoids including beta-carotene and lycopene: Apricots, oranges, beets, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, turnip, and collard greens, peaches, pink grapefruit, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potato, tangerines, tomatoes, and watermelon
- Selenium: Brazil nuts, fish, shellfish, beef, poultry, barley, brown rice
- Zinc: Beef, poultry, oysters, shrimp, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas, lentils, cashews, fortified cereals
- Phenolic compounds: red wine, onions, catechins (Tea, cocoa, berries), resveratrol (red and white wine, grapes, peanuts, berries), coumaric acid (spices, berries), anthocyanins (blueberries, strawberries)
What are the side effects of antioxidant water?
Most of the antioxidant water produced by the companies is alkaline, either naturally or chemically. With claimed health benefits of antioxidant water, an excess of it can also cause significant health issues. To understand the health adversities of antioxidant water, one must be aware of what antioxidant water does inside the human body.
Again here, what does antioxidant water do to your body? So, Too much consumption of alkaline antioxidant water can cause the following symptoms:
- vertigo, and
We have learned what antioxidant water is good for, as it provides numerous benefits and some side effects to your body. With the health industry expanding with various products, alkaline antioxidant waters and hydrogen antioxidant waters are becoming a forefront runner for athletes, health-conscious people, and people recovering from different types of diseases. A lot of extensive research is required to answer the following questions with scientific backing: what are the benefits of hydrogen water, what is bai water and how does it improve our overall health, what does antioxidant water do in-depth, and how does it alter our body to perform better.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Some others question’s answers for our readers that might be helpful for reading.
What is a smart water antioxidant?
One of the common questions asked when choosing antioxidant water is about the companies that manufacture antioxidant water. One may ask, ‘what is smart water antioxidant and what nutritional value does it have?’
1. Smartwater is one of the few companies that manufacture antioxidant and alkaline water.
2. It is prominent for infusing selenium antioxidants in bottled water, which has significant health benefits. Other than this, smart water antioxidant tastes pure and fresh, which makes them popular
How to make antioxidant water?
Antioxidant water contains ions (negatively charged ions) that can stabilize positively charged ions in our bodies. The best way to produce antioxidant water is to ionize water itself. The ionization of water is done through an ionizer that separates H+ ions and OH- ions creating water rich in OH- ions – these negative ions decrease the Oxidation Reduction Potential of the water, making it alkaline. You can alter the setting on the ionizer to adjust the pH of water. Any water with a pH ranging between 8.5 to 9 is antioxidant alkaline water.
What are the benefits of hydrogen water?
Hydrogen water may be expensive, but it has been proven to have advantages that water itself does not. Firstly. Hydrogen water has the potential to be rich in antioxidants that means it has anti-inflammatory properties coupled with the ability to provide a surge of energy after a workout or exercise. It is also preferred by athletes to diminish muscle fatigue after intense practice. Its anti-inflammatory properties lessen the potential of developing fatal diseases such as heart diseases. Lastly, consumption of hydrogen water during radiation therapy has drastically decreased the radiation side effects such as nausea, vomiting, and headaches.
What is alkaline antioxidant water?
Alkaline water, in its most basic terms, is water with a slightly higher pH than 7. Rainwater is a sufficient example of naturally occurring alkaline water. Alkaline antioxidant water is water with a negative Oxidation Reduction Potential, but it also has certain antioxidants, such as selenium. Health-conscious people prefer having antioxidants and alkalinity in their drinking water so they can maximize the benefits of staying hydrated. Smartwater is one of the beverage companies which manufacture alkaline antioxidant water.
What is bai water?
Like Smartwater, Bai water is also a competitive beverage company that manufactures and markets antioxidant water. Bai water contains selenium as an antioxidant and electrolyte to provide a crisp taste to the water. Lastly, Bai water has a pH of 7.5 or higher, making it alkaline.